Friday, June 28, 2013

Naturalish DIY Home Acne Treatment

My son has mild acne with sensitive skin. I've had him use a zinc based wash and honey masks, and they seem to be working at keeping the acne at bay. He still has red areas that don't seem to heal. I'm still working on this, but the weekly honey masks bring down the redness quite a bit. Honey has gentle antibacterial properties which seems to work well with sensitive skin.

Our Gentle Acne Treatments:

-Zincplex Shampoo 8 oz - shampoo that he uses as a facial wash.

-Salux Nylon Japanese Beauty Skin Bath Wash Cloth(exfoliating cloth/towel)

-Honey from the grocery store
- BC Powder(aspirin) mask...takes away redness and promotes healing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just ordered: Enessa Clove Acne Control 0.5 fl oz. Review to follow...update: Not effective, but nice scent. I use it as a perfume.

I try to order natural based products for us, and we are avoiding prescription medication because of the side effects.

I've been using this for scalp blemishes: Dr. Kaufmann Medicated Sulfur Soap . I've not gotten any new blemishes, but the old ones are healing very slowly. I have not had my son try this yet, but will soon. 

I bought this to keep my head cool through the night: Organic Buckwheat Pillow - Japanese Size (14" x 20") It's breathable and has helped a lot! I get some night sweats due to menopausal symptoms. The sweat inevitably results in blemishes, and I'm not hot with this new pillow. This and two fans at night!

We wash pillow cases every week which keeps an oily face cleaner. I flip my son's pillow over half way through the week.

I'm also using at-home acidic facial peels which have worked well at abating age spots and blemishes on my face with extreme exfoliation: Skin Obsession 40% Glycolic Acid Peel for Acne, Scars, Age Spots & Lines . This would probably be great for my son's skin, but he can't take the stinging feeling. When I use it, it feels more like an itchy sensation, but it is not painful at all.

No comments: