Monday, May 25, 2015

Thrift Finds - Educational Games

Picked up a vintage Spill and Spell last week,  some state flash cards, and a 3D Taj Mahal puzzle. The Spill and Spell was a hit. We have not yet put together the huge puzzle yet, but it looked like fun. I'll be doing a little unit study along with the puzzle next week.

Very inexpensive items. I think I spent about two dollars. Check out yardsales this summer for good deals on educational items. I'm always surprised at what people pass up at yardsales, and eventually donate. Even later in the day after they have been picked over, check the yardsales out. You might find some useful learning items at reduced prices. Thrift stores are the same way. I found my items 15 minutes before closing. The place had been picked clean, but these were found right on top of the bins, like they were waiting for me.

No comments: